BGI Energy Services, an indigenous EPC and AIM service provider to the energy industry in Nigeria, is looking for Welders and Fitters with experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industries for immediate engagement to support a shutdown project that requires the highest quality of performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder and Fitter (Structural Steel and Piping Fabrication)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
For the project, the successful candidate:
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant trade certification and qualifications with minimum of 5 years active working experience in the steel fabrication, construction and welding industry
- Additional technical and professional training would be desirable.
- Excellent Job task planning and organizing
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com The Subject of the mail should be “Welders and Fitters (Structural Steel and Piping Fabrication)”