The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surveillance Lead
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking a Surveillance Lead for an upcoming program in Nigeria. This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project. The position is contingent upon award.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and outcomes for documentation and sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Develop strategies to strengthen the implementation of CBS.
- Update and refine technical reference guides for CBS and SOPS for data security, confidentiality, data analysis, use and visualization.
- Develop data dictionary of the surveillance system.
- Support efforts to create interoperability between current data collection tools and CBS.
- Develop and/or update surveillance systems.
- Capacity building for local counter-parts.
- Routinely review surveillance data to suggest programmatic changes needed to increase impact.
- M.Sc in Epidemiology, Statistics or other related disciplines.
- 5 years’ experience in international health programs, with at least 3 in PEPFAR-funded programs.
- Prior experience in capacity building, such as developing content, facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance.
- Proficient in the use of data management and analysis tools and advanced skills in MS Excel and other Data analysis software.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online