Senior Business Analyst at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Position Number: 50093571
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL5
- The Vice-Presidency for Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery is responsible for operational relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities.
- The Vice Presidency for Regional Development will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its Regional Member Countries and oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates. Within regional development, integration and business delivery complex the Bank has five (5) regional hubs one in each region: South Africa, North Africa, West Africa, East Africa and Central Africa. Each of the regions is headed by a Director General.
The Hiring Department
- The RDVP Front Office in charge of Portfolio Delivery and Impact (RDSA) focuses on coordinating the delivery of the Bank’s sovereign lending portfolio, strengthening its quality and impact, and reducing the share of cancellable operations, while accelerating disbursements.
- The RDSA supports and advises the VP on matters to strengthen the quality of the Bank’s portfolio in close coordination with the regional hubs to implement the Ten-Year Strategy (TYS), the High5s Agenda, and the work program of regional hubs.
- RDSA provides strategic and operational support to the Directors General, with a view to ensuring the effective delivery of the lending program, strengthening the quality of the portfolio and maximizing the utilization of trust funds and co-financing arrangements.
- In performing this role, RDSA is expected to ensure the maintenance of a robust monitoring system, with a strategic focus on achieving the lending targets, while addressing start-up delays, slow procurement, slow disbursement, project supervision, project closure, and problematic projects.
- Under the supervision of the Director, Portfolio Delivery and Impact, the Senior Business Analyst will be an essential part of the RDVP Front Office and will work closely with the Lead Country Program Coordinators (CPCs); Lead Specialist, Budget and Results; and the Chief Program Officer and MIC TAF Coordinator.
- She/He will support the RDVP Front Office’s work program by managing all the data requirements and reporting relating to the Bank’s operations (pipeline, lending program, portfolio, etc.) across regions.
- The purpose is to ensure quality, accuracy and completeness of data, as well as to generate analytical reports that will support informed decision-making by all concerned internal stakeholders.
- Collect, collate, process, provide, and maintain accurate data on the Bank’s operations across the regions (new, ongoing, and completed)
- Prepare spreadsheets for collection of data sources from regional hubs, analytical reports using Pivot tables and other data formats, and complex PowerPoint presentations using the data and graphics to be used by Senior Management. Specific attention will be put on the following data aspects related to the RDVP Complex’ Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintenance of RDVP operational performance dashboard which will include analysis of following indicators:
- Status of Indicative Operational Pipeline (IOP)
- Lending program processing schedules and status
- Status of on-going projects in terms of cancellations, disbursements, unjustified special accounts, counterpart funding, project savings; and
- Status of Project Completion Reports (PCRs) and Implementation Progress Reports (IPRs)
- Resource utilization analysis including Work Program Agreement (WPA) execution status reports, Staff analysis in relation to work program needs.
- Overall implementation status of RDVP KPIs
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports using data sources from SAP and other dashboards on the management and performance of the portfolio, inclusive but not limited to project aging analysis, disbursement trends, loans and grants qualifying for cancellation, project completion reports and non-lending deliverables.
- Report on the accuracy and completeness of lending program and portfolio data in various corporate systems (e.g. SAP, BPPS, SRAS, etc.).
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of the Complex’s Annual Work Program and its regular updates using established schedules or as may be directed.
- Develop, maintain, and update data and report platforms that interface with existing corporate systems e.g. SAP, BPPS, BRAG, SRAS, etc. to seamless update data on pipeline, lending program processing, cancellable loans and grants, project completion reports due, WPA execution, etc.
- Represent RDVP front office as the key user on IT related corporate initiatives, such as Wakanda to ensure enhancing of IT systems in response to evolving operations requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of multimedia presentation of documents for Board presentation (including the preparation of charts, graphs, etc.) or any other documents as may be deemed necessary.
- Support other corporate exercises, including reporting on implementation of BDEV and audit recommendations, ADF policy commitments and GCI commitments.
- Assist with compilation and prioritization of information required to facilitate substantiated decisions or to serve as input to various documents.
- Build effective working relationships with, provide guidance to, and help strengthen capacities of Operations Assistants and Operations Data Analysts to ensure good data practices across regions and to ensure transfer of best practices across the delivery units at regional hubs.
Selection Criteria (including desirable skills, knowledge, and experience)
- At least a Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management, or related discipline.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) Certification;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in compiling management information, data analysis and formulation of data models
- Demonstrated experience in Data Management especially SAP in development or similar organizations
- Relevant experience with African Development Bank operations or sister multilateral development finance institutions
- Solid experience in creativity data visualization
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary and professional environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of project structures, including project planning, communication management, procedures and critical success factors
- Acute knowledge and understanding of the elements essential for the effective delivery and measurement of development impacts, using data management and processing skills
- Ability to identify and create meaningful linkages across sectors to drive data management at country and regional levels
- Knowledge of the Bank’s (or other similar organization’s) systems and capabilities and ability to analyze business operations for further understanding of possible strengths and weaknesses which help to facilitate informed decision-making
- High level of expertise in data management, analysis, and visualization
- Deep knowledge of project cycle management
- Ability to make effective, timely and well-determined interventions for results delivery
- Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural and distributed organization
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language
- Proficiency in MS Office platforms, especially pivot tables and other features of Excel and PowerPoint (up to mastery level) and expert knowledge of SAP.
Application Closing Date
1st October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online