Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Learning Coordinator
Ref No: 2200037L
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Post Type: National
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Reports to: Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL)
- The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people.
- As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of Child Safeguarding systems for the programme, promoting a culture of keeping children safe, and ensuring that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis.
- The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- The purpose of this role is:
- Lead the Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) function for Program Quality and Development, including dotted line management of any KML roles across strategic goals
- Lead initiatives to strengthen processes, practices, culture, and systems that drive organisational learning
- Collaborate with programme teams, technical advisers, and departments to drive organisational learning.
- The post holder will coordinate and lead on Knowledge Management and Learning activities across the country office and field offices using different approaches in order to influence a wide variety of government, donor, media and community stakeholders and share evidence and case studies from the SCI Nigeria programmes.
- The Knowledge Management & Learning Coordinator will work with a wide range of Save the Children staff, including all PDQ (thematic and cross-cutting teams, MEAL colleagues), the Programme Managers, Human Resources, IT support, Save the Children Resource Centre, Head of Knowledge Management and Learning at the centre and technical staff across Save the Children member and country offices, and with peers in external organisations.
- She/he will work closely with these roles to develop, adapt, and scale up core tools for documenting innovations, develop and document standards and procedures for adopting innovations, ensuring that core frameworks and tools are needs-driven, and provide training to all programme staff on Knowledge Management and Learning processes.
- As well as the externally facing responsibilities, the role will also have internal accountability for ensuring strong systems are in place to communicate with the different staff and partners involved in implementing programmes and support other Country Office related programmes.
Key Areas of Accountability
Leadership and Management of the KM and Learning (KML) Function:
- Build upon and execute the SCI Nigeria Knowledge Management and Learning strategy with a focus on our Breakthroughs.
- Develop a workplan in close cooperation, alignment, and agreement with PDQ and Operations.
- Lead on delivering on the ‘Learning & Growth’ goals contained in the 2022-24 SCI Nigeria Country Strategic Goals.
- Lead in the development, roll-out and execution of the Country Learning Agenda.
- Guide Country Programmes in developing Learning Agendas.
- Lead on completing the Learning Country Assessment during each CSP (country strategic priorities) period and execute the action plans in collaboration with relevant teams.
Lead initiatives to strengthen processes, practices, culture, and systems that drive organisational learning activities:
- Develop mechanisms for consulting and receiving feedback from staff on the relevance and usefulness of KM and organisational learning initiatives and platforms and use results to drive continuous improvement in the service.
- Provide overall direction on KML systems and platforms, including ensuring functioning of thematic / programmatic KML platforms.
- Ensure that all SCI Nigeria programmes properly archive knowledge resources in the SCI Nigeria Resource Centre, Global Resource Centre, and Global Thematic Library.
- Ensure that all knowledge networking technologies (SCI OneNet, SCI Nigeria Resource Center) and platforms are increasingly integrated, easy-to-access and use, and optimally designed and deployed to deliver demonstrable value.
- Design, review, and lead initiatives to strengthen the enabling environment, incentives, culture, and resourcing in support of improved knowledge management and organisational learning
- Support programmes, thematic and regional teams to identify and deliver effective products and services for sharing and encouraging uptake of knowledge and organisational learning.
- Support in the development of case studies, learning briefs, human impact stories for projects and ensure that these meet Save the Children child safeguarding policies.
- Support in the dissemination of research findings, learnings, best practices, new methods, and innovation through internal and external webinars, brown bags, workshops etc. with all staff and relevant community of practices.
- Work with technical advisers to develop academic papers and abstracts from reearch studies and publish in journals.
- Ensure the quality, consistency and appropriateness of evidence-based knowledge products and communication materials that are developed, produced, and disseminated to beneficiaries, government officials, implementing partners, other partners, and the media.
- Ensure all awards include KML milestones and activities in their MEAL Plans and Detailed Implementation Plans
- Identify and maximise opportunities to raise the visibility and profile of the programme, both internationally and in-country.
Collaboration & Representation:
- Develop strategic relationships with other Country Office programmes, partner agencies engaged in similar work
- Build the capacity of SCI Nigeria staff on Save the Children Knowledge Management and Learning processes.
- Liaise closely with staff in the PDQ, IT and Advocacy, Campaign, Communications & Media units in the CO as well as the PQI Unit at Save the Children Centre.
Education & Qualifications
- Post graduate qualification in a knowledge management and/or development related area – (Information, Communication, Economics, Public Policy, Development Management, International Relations, Business Administration etc.)
- Requires a professional level of specialized knowledge, technical/functional skills and attention to detail to manage complex tasks, programs or projects.
- 5 – 7 years of overall relevant professional experience, including in knowledge management & Learning
- Experience in developing/managing knowledge management systems/programmes
- Advanced experience with creating knowledge repositories on SharePoint and OneNet.
- Ability to use computer systems and effectively organize information and knowledge products on internal repositories and external websites
- Familiarity with the state of the art in communication technology, including the application of Workplace to accommodate business related needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development and management of data bases and/or document catalogues
- Experience establishing, supporting and/ or leading communities of practice, particularly via online platforms.
- Experience working in at least one of the five SCI global thematic areas preferred (Child Protection, Child Poverty, Child Rights Governance, Education, Health & Nutrition).
- Excellent listening, communication, and networking skills; proven experience and effectiveness working across functional teams and in a matrixed structure; and an ability to work with diverse populations.
- A track record of national and international working experience with increasing responsibilities in the development space.
- Experience in leading/managing knowledge product development and dissemination. Substantial understanding of knowledge management theory, practice, and tools.
- Exposure and experience in multiple international development programmes preferred.
- Self- motivated and able to work with high degree of autonomy and without close supervision.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel extensively to all Save the Children Nigeria locations.
- Commitment to the values, mission, aims and policies of Save the Children.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
Effective Communication (Oral and Written):
- Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development, and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria. We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria! We share available/ Scholarships, current job vacancies for job seekers who are interested to apply.
RECRUITMENT REPORT admins will NEVER call, text or email any of our members requesting for payment of any kind. Our services are Free of Charge.
- BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, Thanks.