Personal Trust is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Financial Control
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head Financial Control will support the Managing Director to develop and oversee the execution of a finance, treasury and management strategy that enables the achievement of long-term goals and operational plans.
- The job holder will oversee the bank’s financial planning and strategy, financial management and control, treasury management, tax and other oversight functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the formation of the business strategy and ensure that all financial policies, procedures and systems are sound
- Provides financial direction, planning and accounting to the business, covering short term and long-term financial goals
- Management of treasury and investment to ensure optimal liquidity and negotiate/arrange external finance when required
- Monitors banking activities and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions
- Develops plans, budgets, forecasts and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances
- Oversee the activities of external auditors, CBN and NDIC examiners and ensure 100% compliance with set guidelines
- Manage relationships with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. LIRS, FIRS, etc.
- Ensures adequate insurance coverage on all operational activity
- Ensures adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Oversees activities of employees and teams (i.e. coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, discipline, etc.).
- Oversee any outsourced accounting functions
- Ensure that financial reports comply with the International Financial reporting standard (IFRS) and constantly keeping abreast of developments in the space
- Authorize expenditure/ transactions in line with the bank’s approval limits
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management.
- HND / BSc in Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Evidence of completion / exemption of/from NYSC
- Professional qualification such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role at a financial institution
- Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies and standards, tax management, costing accounting etc.
- Treasury and investment management experience
- Knowledge of the Microfinance banking framework
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong presentation and financial modeling skills
- High attention to detail.
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/process.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Conflict resolution and / or mediation skills
- Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
Job Title: Financial Control Officer
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Financial Control Officer is responsible for reconciliation and settlements activities and will provide revenue assurance to the bank.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure daily reconciliation and posting of all of all transactions and provide daily/weekly reconciliation and settlement reports
- Support the E-business team in resolving settlement and reconciliation matters
- Monitor income/fees and ensure value is promptly transferred to the bank
- Verify the incoming and outgoing payment on e-channel accounts
- Reconcile bank statement with entries in the bank ledger on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and present the reconciliation reports
- Prepare daily and weekly report on over/under-settlement of transactions
- Identify, follow up and investigate unreconciled transactions or discrepancies to enable prompt resolutions
- Liaising regularly with various bank account officers on issues relating to direct debits, standing orders, unidentified credits and charges from time to time.
- Monitors the deduction on loan and facilities with various banks and reconciling with terms and conditions in of the offer
- Develop and maintain business relations with payment partners
- Liaise with the settlement bank and payment processing companies on potential under-settlement and ensure resolution of issues identified in line with the company’s policies and procedures
- Advise the finance team of possible over-settlement for necessary provisions
- Maintain reconciliation records
- Rendition of monthly returns and processing of associated payments for FIRS, LIRS and PFAs within seven days of deduction
- Sending daily dashboard report to management
- Provide support to other finance team a required
- Support end of day/month and year process
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
- HND / BSc / in Accounting, Economics or a related field with 1-3 years work experience
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of / from NYSC
- ICAN or ACCA qualification
- Previous experience as a reconciliation/account officer
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Great analytical skills for decision making and problem solving
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Advanced computer software skills, including Microsoft excel
- Organization and time management abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “Head, Financial Control” or “Financial Control Officer”.
Note: If you do not get a response from the Recruiter after 4 weeks of this publication, please note that your application was not successful
Note: RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria.
We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria.