Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Property Systems Technician
Job Number: 21005301
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Information Technology
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management
- As a member of the hotel staff, this entry-level position contributes general knowledge and skill in technology to provide first- and some second-level support and break-fix (repairs, installations, maintenance of all property-based systems).
- Generally works under supervision and within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
- Responsible for performing repairs, installations, and maintenance of all property-based systems.
- Has knowledge of sophisticated technology equipment / processes and Marriott proprietary systems.
Financial / Policy:
- Works to ensure hotel is in compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Implements solutions as directed to resolve discrepancies.
- Places equipment orders as directed relating to personal computers, telecommunications, local servers / networks
- Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware.
- Ensures technology assets are secured.
- Complies with technology-related vendor contracts.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Is professional and responsive to inquiries from customers/vendors/peer group.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested
- Assists in disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
- Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
- Performs adds / moves / changes / deletions.
- Supports end-use pager cellular phone issues.
- Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems
- Escalates problems as appropriate through direct supervisor, Global Field Services, system support, or other shared service team.
- Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server / network.
- Moves / adds / changes PCs / peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
- Performs routine desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
- Provides end-user support to hotel staff, business center.
- Assists with setup or reset of security passwords
- Supports email and use of MI network
Server / Network:
- Assists in creating and maintaining secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine preventative maintenance.
- Works as part of a team to execute a disaster recovery plan.
Candidate Profile / Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent work experience. Possess 0-3 years experience in like position.
- Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
- System-related professional certifications desired.
- Demonstrated skills in support of applications, hardware, operating systems, and telecommunications.
- Ability to multi-task effectively while setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Functions well in a matrix management environment (vendors / clients / peers).
- Demonstrated skills in trouble-shooting and resolving problems around PCs, operating systems, servers, peripherals, etc.
Scope / Expected Contributions – Scope
- Number of Direct Reports – None.
- Number of Properties – Typically one, but position is unit-based but may provide support to other local hotels.
- This position will report to one of the following positions: Executive Committee member, Property System Manager, or Area Systems Manager as deemed appropriate.
- Typically single-property focused.
- Position requires 24x7x 365 (pager / cell phone) coverage or schedule rotations.
Working Relationships / Interfaces:
- Property executive committee, management, staff
- Cluster IR team members
- Regional team members
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online