The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a not-for-profit organization founded with the mission of improving the living conditions of Africans by implementing projects contributing to the reduction of poverty, empowerment of women, elimination of conflict, development of rural-communities, and promotion of self-reliance and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Programs
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: CEO
- The responsibilities of the Head of Programs provides leadership, coordination, seek funding and oversees all aspect of Programming in accordance to the Organisational goals and objectives.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Overall management of existing and new programs
- Expansion plan and strategy and design of new programs in accordance to the vision and Mission of the Foundation
- Map out plan to mentor, lead program officers as well as MMF Volunteer
- New strategy for MMF Programs and developing/approving budgets and operations for programs
- Develop an effective plan of action for running MMF programs from inception to completion
- Manage daily operations that support and implement our current program objectives
- Strategically map-out a program schedule and timeline, setting deadlines, milestones and processes per program
- Strategize and develop evaluation strategies to monitor and evaluate program performance and determine areas of improvement.
- Ensure all MMF program operations and activities are up to date with current Legal guidelines and policies.
- Prepare periodic reports and ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to MMF donor, and implementation partners and management.
- Suggest innovative plans and processes to improve program functions
- Develop work systems and processes that effectively drive productivity
- Seek out new and creative program ideas to implement
- Develop Strategic plan for the Foundation
- In charge of seeking for program expansions and implementation
- Funding Raising Strategy
- Seek International grants for new Programs
- Institutional review and stakeholder mapping
- Prepare and maintain budgets
- Set up and coordination of Advisory board
- Governance review
- Engagement of existing Board of Trustees
- Create structure and set up MedAssist Advisory Board
- Manage the social business of the Foundation
- Strategize on the growth plan for individual programs for sustainability and scale-up
- Branding and messaging strategy document and implementation plan
- Communication Strategy
- Full website Review and Management of MMF Social Media handles
- Build relationships on behalf of MMF with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organizations, implementation partners and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the MMF programs.
- Attend meetings, conferences, workshops and humanitarian events, on behalf of MMF
- Master’s degree in International Development Studies or any related course
- At least 2 years proven experience as Head of Program or similar position
- 6-9years of experience in programs development in an INGO/NGO
- Strong Business Acumen/Strategic thinking
- Grant management experience with knowledge of the grant sourcing/submission processes of major humanitarian and development donors.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics.
- Working knowledge of MS office and Strong management and organization skills, very good knowledge of project management software and support operations.
- Experience in donors and partnership relationships, representation with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders.
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The responsibilities of the Program officer will cover all aspects of project operations/ management and logistical processes, as specified below, with responsibilities growing as his/her capacity develops.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including subcontract scopes of work, country strategies, progress updates, curricula, and other documents and reports.
- Participate in new business development bids including writing job descriptions, participating in strategic phone calls, providing guidance on proposal budgets and providing administrative support as necessary
- Perform administrative tasks, including letter-writing, database curation and maintaining and updating project folders and spreadsheets
- Programme planning and implementation
- Oversee and implement the foundation’s social media strategy – ensuring engaging material is posted frequently across all platforms
- Overall responsibility supporting the implementation of individual projects to help ensure timely delivery of high-quality project deliverables, in coordination with the Team Leader
- Lead on project tracking, including on deliverable deadlines, invoicing schedules
- Undertake risk management of assigned projects, escalating to the manager when appropriate
- Drafting and managing deadlines for fundraising proposals
- Communicating and building strong relationships with potential donors, corporates and partners
- Supporting the country manager with the development and implementation of systems for project management and other tasks as required.
- Conduct thorough research as required on development trends, funding prospects and other subjects as required
- Production of marketing materials when required
- Ensure correct and innovative Monitoring and Evaluation procedures are undertaken for all current projects
- Planning and coordinating project field trips with staff, including ensuring adequate and innovative materials are being collected. Facilitate travel arrangements for staff and consultants.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure that the stipulated projects are carried out with successful results and according to set the time
- Maintain a dynamic and engaging media presence of the organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all times
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation procedures are undertaken correctly and escalate the potential risk of projects
- Manage other team members, plan and coordinate field trips and maintain proper documentation of all projects record.
- BSc or BA in any related course
- 1-3years as programs officer
- Experience in the NGO space is an added advantage
Behavioural and Technical Competencies:
- Take initiatives and communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Implement the program’s vision and establish its direction
- Promote and demonstrate ethical values
Applications Closing Date
5th March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us in 2weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. Wishing you the best.
Note: RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria.
We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria.