Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent / Full time
- Lead and manage all aspects of mechanical engineering projects across geographies in oil and gas sector including, but not limited to bidding, project management and project hand-over
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients
- Stay abreast of market developments and technology developments in engineering related to field of work
- Manage, coach and guide the team members of the business division
- Regular and accurate reporting to the management on timely basis
- Assist in maintain books of accounts for the business
- Drive pre-bid evaluation of projects to understand scope of work involved and device plan of execution
- Validate basic engineering, including design, and develop accurate quantification of the scope
- Co-ordinate with engineering team and estimation team to ensure accuracy at the time of sourcing of projects
- Identify and highlight technical risks in projects on the basis of tender documents, contracts and site visits
Engineering and Coordination:
- Drive engineering an execution of all mechanical projects in oil and gas sector
- Identify and implement value engineering initiatives in projects
- Ensure timely execution of all engineering activities as per project timelines
- Co-ordinate with clients and manage expectations for each project
- Co-ordinate with external stakeholders, such as consultants and authorities, to ensure timely completion of deliverables and tasks as planned
- Co-ordinate with internal stakeholders including procurement and construction teams to ensure consistent understanding with regards to technical requirements for different scope of work, within the project team
- Manage all engineering documentation required throughout project lifecycle
- Supervise project work for all mechanical projects undertaken by the division and coordinating with all departments and contractors
- Approval of construction procedure, quality plan & inspections test procedure
- Erection and commissioning supervision of equipment including gas compressors, pumps, heat exchangers, KOD’s Separators etc.
- Erection and commissioning of high-pressure piping for oil gas and other utility service lines.
- Supervision & monitoring of activities related to pipeline laying, hydrostatic testing and commissioning of pipeline
- Reviewing and resolving all engineering problems
- Coordinating with client and contractor.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licences
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Manage technical requirements of service contracts
- Drive design and engineering requirements for such contracts
- Co-ordinate with product development, product procurement and services teams
- Support execution teams on any technical challenges in this respect through effective problem-solving approach
- This role will ensure that work is being performed safely, as designed, and to the highest quality standards.
- This role will perform daily safety and quality inspections, produce appropriate documentation, and implement corrective measures if required
- PMP Certified project management professional
- Graduate or post-graduate Engineer with Mechanical degree and 20 to 25-year experience in project management and construction supervision of petrochemical, refinery, power plant (including gasification plant) and cross-country piping.
- Hands-on experience in delivering large scale multi-million-dollar projects in record timeframes.
- Experience in project management, Control, Co-ordination, Planning, Construction execution, including hands in contracts / Bidding, Review/ finalisation of engineering, etc for hydrocarbon projects of Pipelines, Piping / Process Piping, Mechanical constructions, Equipment, Structural, with Associated works of civil / E&I /Telecom/ Fire Fighting systems / gas detection system / CP works.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with all levels within the organization as well as with outside agencies such as Licensor, Consultants, Vendors, Contractors and Statutory Authorities.
- Demonstrated team building, relationship building and communication skills. Strong experience in working closely with various cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated track record in leading and motivating team members so as to achieve project objectives. Should have assisted the team to resolve conflicts.
- Ethical and loyal, and can be relied upon for maintaining high degree of confidentiality
- Experience of working in Nigeria and other African countries would be given preference
- In-depth experience with mechanical, process piping, and equipment installation in an industrial setting is essential.
- Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, Construction, Installation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only qualified ccandidates will be contacted