Globacom Limited is Africa’s fastest growing telecommunications company. Owned by the Mike Adenuga Group, Globacom is the market leading mobile service provider in Nigeria. At Globacom we hold our vision with very high esteem. This keeps us moving forward and pushes us to be the best while propelling us into the future. This vision is about you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting To: Head of Applications.
What You’ll Do
- You will work collaboratively in small teams and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning bank services and integrations, channel systems (USSD, web-based and mobile applications ).
- In this role, you will employ agile methodologies to quickly provide the bank with the solutions needed. You will help combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
- As a software Lead, you will be a core member of the team with responsibilities that range from driving the architecture design and technology decisions for shaping the next generation products for various internal teams to ensuring that we stay on the leading edge of technology.
- You will also be responsible for leading development teams while delivering best in class enterprise grade software solutions across a breadth of different platforms and technologies.
- You are a flexible and adaptive engineer, who effectively communicates across a broad range of stakeholder groups from engineers to business users, as well as effectively leading a project work-stream.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure that all services are implemented and that they operate correctly.
- Ensure that all the relevant monitoring tools are deployed
- Prepare Service Reports for the service management meetings.
- Responsible for service improvement deliverable to address systems SLA shortcomings.
- Respond to escalations from business, customer-care, merchants and other stakeholders
Project Design and analysis:
- Requirements gathering.
- Translating requirements into technical design – with documentation.
- Coordination of development effort – if needed – from Product Development.
- Effort estimation.
- Prerequisite analysis.
Project Implementation and Integration:
- Planning of the implementation of projects.
- Implementing projects.
- Coordination with the technical operations team to ensure that application support is seamless.
- Build technical relationships with the Engineers and other internal technical stakeholders and the bank’s partners.
- Develop a positive view of the bank among the IT staff at the customer’s/ merchant’s / partner’s premises
- Assist in reporting requirements when they arise from business teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- Graduate or Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of experience in software development, including leading a team and a project work-stream.
- Develop, test and implement new software programs.
- Experience with integrating / supporting a major core banking / SVA application
- Development of technical specifications and plans.
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Engineering practice experience such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security.
- Architecture, development and design of complex distributed enterprise applications
- Demonstrated track record of successfully understanding the business requirements and designing realistic and effective solutions
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as RSpec, JUnit or Selenium
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Fluent in English; additional language fluency is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.