Fully Funded QueenMary University of London Arts and Humanities Partnership Studentship |Apply Now
The Studentship comprises a full fee waiver at Home/EU rates and an annual stipend of around £17,000 per year. These awards are applicable for candidates who wish to enroll in a PhD program at the University.
QueenMary University LAHP Studentship | DETAILS
The School of Law would generally come under the area of ‘Law and Legal Studies’ as the AHRC defines it, which incorporates the following specific areas of legal research:
- Jurisprudence/Philosophy of Law
- Human Rights
- Criminal Law and Criminology
- International Law
- EU Law
- Public Law
- Comparative Law
- Common Law, including Commercial Law
- Law Regulated by Statute
- Law Relating to Property
- Legal History
To be eligible for the studentship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants can be domestic or international students
- Applicants to gain a ‘Pass with Distinction’ on an LLM or equivalent post-graduate qualification in Law, such as an MA.
- For degrees taken outside of the UK, the applicant must obtain the grade equivalent to a UK ‘Pass with Distinction’.
- For applicants from non-English speaking countries, proof of English language competency may be required.
- While these requirements are higher than the general requirements the LAHP has, applicants should note that the higher requirements of the School of Law’s PhD programme take precedence.
- You are recommended that you submit a PhD application to the School of Law as the first step of the application process.
- Once this has been submitted then the School of Law can appoint a supervisor with relevant expertise as part of the application review process. The LAHP funding application form can be found here.
- Applicants should only then prepare and submit their LAHP application form and Supervisor Statement form once they have spoken to their appointed supervisor.
- If the deadline is approaching and applicants haven’t submitted a main PhD application, the School advises that applicants should both organise submission of their PhD and LAHP applications simultaneously – meaning they should arrange supervision directly with a supervisor.
Application Deadline: January 28, 2022
For more information kindly: Visit the Official Website for Further Details