FBN Insurance Brokers Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of FBN Holdings Plc. FBN Insurance Brokers combines expert broking knowledge and capabilities for risk assessment, analysis, structuring and overall servicing that has resulted in increased insurance portfolios since its commencement of insurance brokerage business in July 1, 2000.
We also work on a range of value added Risk Management services. We have the reputation, expertise and unrivalled experience in Energy Insurance, Oil and Gas, sophisticated/Complex Risk Management and Re-insurance services and these operational and corporate alliances with the international Brokers are geared towards building infrastructure for the industry in terms of capabilities, skills, knowledge update, improved professionalism and Best Business Practice possible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bank Reconciliation Analyst
Location: Onikan, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Finance and Accounts
The Reconciliation Analyst assist the CFO by helping FBNIB to reconcile transactions across the general ledger together with all bank accounts and Insurance companies. Also, the RA would be responsible for tracking money owed by Underwriters.
- Reconcilingpayments to ensure the accounting system reflects the correct transactions
- General ledger reconciliations
- Account reconciliations such as bank, inventory control, clearing, billings etc.
- Issue receipts to customers on receipt of payments
- Verify the reliability and accuracy of bank balances in the general ledger and trial balance
- Complete the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis in accordance with the established timetable and ensure full documentation of reconciling items.
- Complete the Underwriters reconciliation on a quarterly basis in accordance regulatory guidelines.
- Provide timely response to queries and advise Underwriters in relation to transactional processes
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- Chief Financial Officer
- A first degree in Accounting or any social science discipline
- Minimum of 0-2 years cumulative experience in Finance and Accounting role
- Certified membership of Accounting Technician Scheme (ATS) is an added advantage.
- Grade Level (Executive Assistant – Superintendent)
- Basic financial and accounts knowledge
- Up to date knowledge of accounting information
- Experiencereconcilingaccounting figures and financial records
- Ability to identify errors/discrepancy
- P/C personal productivity tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- An Ideal FBNIB person MUST be/have
- Innovative (Disruptive and Creative in solving Problems)
- Integrity (Inspire trust and confidence in customers and co-workers)
- Respect (For self and others)
- Customer Centric (Empathetic and Focused on Customer
- Team building skills
- Interpersonal and networking skills
- Good Communications skills (written and oral)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Attention to details
Key Performance Indicators:
- No. of delays for raising payment receipts.
- No of complaints from Internal customers regarding confirmation/payment
- % of bank reconciliation completed within timeline.
- % of Underwriters reconciliation completed within timeline.
- The number of rejections that occurred in a given period
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: Yemisi.Oke@fbninsurancebrokers.com using “Reconciliation Analyst” as subject of email.