Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered local Non-governmental organization (NGO) with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government, and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peacebuilding, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, education as well as governance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN), a National Non-Governmental Organization (NNGO) seeks a Communications Officer to Support its Organization and Communications Unit
- This person will support the expansion, coordination, and improvement of CCDRN’s communication work at the field level, develop, document, and share good practice, success stories, and lessons from program implementations at the state level, develop a communication plan, tools, and materials to ensure successful program implementation of CCDRN’s various partners
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with outstanding team management and project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Communications Officer will report to the Communications Specialist
- Support the development of CCDRN’s internal and external communications strategy in order to maintain and enhance the visibility for and reputation of CCDRN and its partners
- Generate quality multimedia content including writing, video, photo, and audio storytelling, as well as collecting and analyzing CCDRN’s data to produce comprehensive infographic materials.
- Assist in the development of culturally appropriate user-friendly information and educational materials for audiences with limited literacy levels.
- Support the development of communications materials and participate in the production, review, and comment on print and electronic media materials including Newsletters, Banners, scripts, posters, leaflets, video / audio recordings
- Support effective design and delivery of communications products that convey well the desired message to the targeted audience(s).
- Integrate internal and external communications with Operational Information Management.
- Support capacity building of CCDRN staff on communications and contribute to preparedness actions, providing recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of communications specific risks
- Support CCDRN’s advocacy efforts through the development of appropriate communication messaging, materials, and tools.
- Prepare press releases and press kits as requested in accordance with CCDRN’s policy and under the supervision of the Communications Specialist.
- Support the Communications lead in the timely dissemination of program information internally and externally
- Undertake any other duties assigned to you
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mass Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Development / Communication Studies, Public Relations or other related fields
- Minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience in communications and reporting in the nonprofit sector
- Relevant experience in multimedia journalism will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 19th March, 2021.
Note: RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria.
We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria.