Career Opportunities at the Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development
Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development – The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit / loan from World Bank / International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) of CSDP is to increase access by the poor, particularly the Internally Displaced and Vulnerable people in the North East of Nigeria, to improved social and natural resource infrastructure services in a sustainable manner throughout Nigeria.
It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit / loan will be applied to eligible expenditure for the recruitment of the following staff of Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development:
Job Title: General Manager
- Exercise the powers and functions of the State Agency as provided for in section 4.3 of Project Implementation Manual;
- Be in-charge of General Administration of the Community and Social Development (CSDP);
- Manage the State Agency personnel;
- Be the Accounting officer of the SA, and give approval for proposal of Community / Group Development Plans recommended by the SA management committee;
- Authorize expenditure in accordance with the annual budget and work programme of the SA as approved by Board;
- Represent the SA in all its dealings with third parties at the level of the Management;
- Conduct dialogue with donors and those capable of providing complimentary technical and administrative skills and financial resources;
- Delegate his authority to the staff of the Agency to the extent necessary for the efficient performance of the activities of CSDP;
- Perform such other duties as may be required for the effective functioning of the SA;
- Ensure regular reporting and adherence to the SA reporting relationship with the Project Financial Management Unit (PFMU) of the state.
- A University Degree in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and/or any other relevant Degree with at least 15 years post qualification experience in Private or Public Sector, five of which must be at management level.
- A Higher Degree and experience in the Management of Rural Development projects shall be an added advantage.
Job Title: Project Officer – Supervision
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of Operations Officers;
- Regular and timely liaison with other Project Officers for deployment of operations officers for field level activities;
- Assist in the provision of technical advice on all engineering works e.g. construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure, erosion control bands, agro-processing equipment, feeder road construction etc;
- In close liaison with relevant state ministries, Departments, Agencies ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification/standards for all social infrastructure,
- Prepare budget and work plan for supervision of CDPs/GDPs and micro-projects contained therein;
- Provide guidance to Operations Officers designated to undertake supervision;
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the managers Operations and M&E;
- Provide specific reports on supervision as may be requested by any of the Managers and the General Manager;
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, Local Government Area (LGA), Local Government Review Committee (LGRC) and Operations Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance;
- Liaise with the relevant state agency for certification for all social infrastructure at completion;
- Directly responsible to the Operations Manager;
- Any other duties assigned by the Operations Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a degree or HND in Engineering, Architecture, Social and Natural Sciences with at least, five (5) years experience in design and/or supervision of social infrastructure construction.
- Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
Job Title: Project Officer – Management Information System
- Design and prepare CSDP Management Information System operational manual;
- Assess the information needs for the various component of the SA;
- Review alongside other project staff the data collection forms at the different stages of the micro-projects cycle;
- Prepare technical specification for the procurement of necessary MIS hardware and software applications;
- Monitor the operation of the MIS;
- Upgrade hardware and software;
- Ensure MIS hard and software maintenance;
- Establish the working schedule and the MIS design;
- Develop reports or formats using existing MIS data;
- Develop and prepare the required documents using a friendly report generator;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or equivalent as Electrical / Electronic Engineering; Information Management, Computer Science; Engineering and related fields.
- Five years post qualification experience, two of which must have been in the Design, Development and Implementation of Databases and client – Server Software applications.
- Knowledge and experience with Development tools client side rapid applications Development and experience using friendly report generator would be an advantage.
Job Title: Project Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
- Responsible for data collection, collation and analysis for field level activities;
- Provide implementation assistance to M&E Manager;
- Compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Monitor progress towards attainment of targets and to adapt targets to realities;
- Provide an improved foundation for planning effective resource use;
- Identify unacceptably high cost interventions and operations;
- Provide record of events;
- Provide Information base for future evaluations, maintain quality standards;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the M&E Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Natural Sciences, Rural Development and related fields, with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to monitoring and evaluation of community based initiatives.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in Community Driven Development (CDD) is an added advantage.
Job Title: Operations Officer
Slot: 2 Openings
- Sensitise and mobilize communities on CSDP project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HI V/AIDS;
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable;
- Facilitate communities/Groups in the formulation of Community Development Plan (CDP), Group Development Plan (GDPs) and Micro Projects by Community Project Management Committee (CPMCs) and Group Project Management Committee (GPMC);
- Build capacity of the Community Project Management Committee (CPMCs) and Local Government Review Committee (LGRC) Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g.
- Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), record and book-keeping, project management, mainstreaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project officer Information Education Communication and Training;
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs/GDPs to ensure quality assurance;
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts by the Community Project Management Committee (CPMCs), Group Project Management Committee (GPMCs);
- Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, information/data on micro-project activities in communities/Groups;
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and annual Departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Operations Manager;
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan;
- Submit regular reports to the Project officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time;
- Responsible to the Project officer, Supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
- A first Degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field, with at least 1 year post qualification experience in any area.
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-ends is a must.
- Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service.
Job Title: Secretary to the General Manager
- Support the General Manager as a Personal Assistant / Confidential Secretary;
- Provide secretarial assistance e.g. prepare all letters, memorandum and any requisite document for the General Manager;
- Receive visitors, enquiries and telephone calls;
- Organize itineraries, meetings and related schedule;
- Maintain adequate documentation of all mails and correspondences of the Agency;
- Maintain adequate filing system for all mails and correspondences of the General Manager;
- Ensure the safety of all facilities, documents etc in the General Manager’s office;
- Performed other functions as may be directed by the General Manager.
Qualification and Experience
- A University Degree or HND in Secretarial Studies / Social Science or Computer Studies with at least four years post qualification experience, two of which must be cognate.
- The candidate must have good knowledge of computer and versatile in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Job Title: Office Assistant
- Provide support to the Administrative Officer in the management of office;
- Supervision of Support Staff including reporting;
- Filing and defiling of mails;
- Organizing meeting venues and refreshments;
- Receiving and despatching of mails;
- Any other duties that may be assign by the Administrative Officer.
Qualification and Experience
- ND Business Administration or Public Administration with at least two years of post qualification experience.
- He/She must Computer literate in Microsoft word; Excel and PowerPoint are added advantage.
Job Title: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager shall be in-charge of:
- Supervising and coordinating the overall activities of the operations Department;
- Supervising the processing of applications seeking SA funding and technical/management support;
- Ensure conduct of desk and field appraisals and forward to the Project Management Committee for review based on set criteria;
- Providing overall supervision of formulation and implementation processes of Community Development Plan (CDPs), Group Development Plan (GDP5) and Micro Projects by Community Project Management Committee (CPMCs) and Group Project Management Committee (GPMC);
- Ensuring the maintenance of records on all CDPs and Micro- projects on a continuous basis; and passing on such information to the M& E Department;
- Ensure that requisite assistance are rendered to communities as and when required;
- Liaison with relevant Ministries Departments and Agency’s to provide technical and back-up support to communities;
- Consolidate annual work plans and budget of the department;
- Provide quarterly and annual projections for CDP and micro projects implementation;
- Any other duty assigned by the General Manager.
- A University degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Extension Services, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Project Management and any other relevant degree, with at least twelve years post qualification experience.
- Previous experience in Rural Development projects or extension services shall be considered as additional advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send / submit 10 copies of their CV to:
The Chairman Board of Directors,
Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development,
Commissioners Quarters Layout,
Off Bukar Abba Ibrahim Way,
Damaturu, Yobe State.
Note: RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria.
We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria.