Apply for Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition (RYSA) Programme 2021
Deadline: 30 July, 2021
Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition (RYSA) Programme 2021
Delta State Youths are Adviced to Apply for the Rural Youth Skill Acquisition (RYSA) Programme 2021. The Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme is designed to take the skill acquisition programmes to the rural youth population with the objectives to create income earning opportunities, stem youth restiveness, discourage rural-urban drift and grow local economy.
The target youths demography under this programme are semi-literate and non-literate youths, who have acquired skill training, needs start-up and fundamental business skills
The RYSA programme has two training components as follows:
- The Practical / Hands-on training: This entails training of beneficiaries of the programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. This training will be carried out by Master Trainers designated across different communities in Delta State.
- The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for eight weeks in the course of the practical / hands-on training programme. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success in life and business.
The list of enterprises and duration of training is shown in the table below:
|1||Catering & Confectioneries||2 Months|
|3||Hair Dressing & Make-over||2 Months|
|4||Interlocking/ Tiling||3 Months|
|6||POP and Screed-making||3 Months|
|7||Electrical Installations and Repairs||3 Months|
|8||Aluminium Profiling||3 Months|
|10||Fashion Designing||3 Months|
The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for eight weeks in the course of the practical / hands-on training programme. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success in life and business.
COMMUNITY BUSINESS SCHOOL (CBS) COURSE OUTLINE
- Introduction to Business
- Customer Relations
- Community Service and Volunteerism
- Business Networking
Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Eligibility
- Candidates must be between 18 – 29 years old.
- Candidates must be from Delta State and resident in the Local Government Area
- The minimum educational qualification is First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC).
- Candidates interested in RYSA must have acquired basic training in the shortlisted skill area.
- Candidates must have personal enthusiasm, conviction, and willingness to learn and acquire refresher skill-sets in his/her choice programme as a basis to establish and manage an enterprise.
Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Application
- Application forms for RYSA are available at the Ministry’s field offices across the 25 Local Government Areas of the State.
- Interested candidates must pick-up the application forms IN PERSON, fill and submit within the stipulated timeline.
- Shortlisted candidates must undergo oral interviews and proficiency test based on the skill area of choice.
- Applicants for RYSA must fill and submit the guarantors form.
- Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations set by the Ministry of Youth Development.
PROGRAMME ADMINISTRATION FOR RYSA
- Interested candidates must pass the proficiency test in his/her chosen skill area to be eligible for the programme.
- Beneficiaries must complete the Refresher/CBS training before Start-up Packs presentation.
- Candidates must pass the training completion proficiency test and Community Business School (CBS) training test before been awarded with Certificate and given support.
- Successful Beneficiaries must subject themselves to the mentoring process of the Directorate for Youth Monitoring & Mentoring (DYMM).
- The Start-up Packs consist of work tools and seed grant. The work tool component consists of physical equipment required for each skill-set given to successful trainees at the end of the training exercise.
- The seed grants will be given to the beneficiaries at the end of their training as support for start-up.
For more Information, visit Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition (RYSA) Programme.