African Union, African Youth Ambassadors for Peace Program 2021/2022
African Union, African0⁰ Youth Ambassadors for The African Union through the Political Affairs, Peace and Security Department (PAPS) is pleased to announce the African Youth Ambassadors for Peace Program for the 2021/2022 cohort.
The program is geared towards facilitating the meaningful participation of African Youth in all spectrum of peace and security and dissuading their participation in the violence. It also seeks to enhance peace and security agenda in the continent.
African Youth Ambassadors for Peace Program | DETAILS
The AYAPs, working under the direct supervision of the leadership of PAPS of the African Union Commission (AUC) shall champion the promotion and advocacy of youth participation in peace and security issues at the regional level and across Africa. AYAPs shall also advocate for the promotion of rights for young people in his/her region as well as encourage and support AU Member States in the region with the coordination of the Y4P program to enhance the development of National Action Plans and its implementation in their region.
To be eligible for the African Youth Ambassadors for Peace Program, applicants must meet the following considerations:
- Be an African youth with demonstrated commitment and significant contribution to the promotion of sustainable peace and security.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 35 in tandem with the AU Youth age.
- Possess university degree in international relations, peace and conflict, political science, law and related areas; a master’s degree would be an advantage; or, have at least 2 year’s experience in peace and security with demonstrated ability for advocacy on youth, peace and security issues as well as resource mobilization.
- Have experience in promoting and supporting peace processes.
- Have strong track record with the local community/area where he/she works.
- Possess strong communication and advocacy skills.
- English, French, Arabic, Portuguese are the working languages of the AU. Fluency in any AU working language is required; knowledge of another AU language would be an asset.
How to Apply
If you are interested and eligible to apply for the African Union, African Youth Ambassadors for Peace Program, then you can complete the online application before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 30 September 2021
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria. We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria!
We share available/current job vacancies for job seekers who are interested to apply. We do not have any relationship with the employers. We can not assist any job seeker secure a job.
Our admins will NEVER call, text or email any of our members requesting for payment of any kind. Our services are Free of Charge.
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS. Thanks